Micro-DXA iNSiGHT Cabinet Body Composition Analyzer for Lab Animals
With over 20 years of dedicated experience and technology on DXA.
We applied the technology into laboratory device and launched micro-DXA iNSiGHT.
It offers bone mineral density, fat mass, lean mass, ultimate DR X-ray imaging, and many more. None Invasive DXA Technology.
OsteoSys’ Solution: We have overcome this limitation by using 20-year expertise in human DXA technology.
Micro-DXA iNSiGHT measures the bone mineral density and assesses body composition in vivo for a longitudinal investigation to monitor changes in whole-body composition with growth and aging in the animal.
Using non-invasive micro-DXA iNSiGHT, it is able to repeatedly scan cohorts of animals over several ages.
Principle of the Technique: Based on DXA technology micro-DXA iNSiGHT measures the parameters on the molecular level that can be simplified in a 3-compartment model:
– with fat mass (FM)
– non-bone lean mass (LM)
– bone mineral content (BMC).
This technique assess FM, LM, BMC regionally and whole-body as well as it can measure whole-body bone mineral density (BMD).
ROI and the whole body:iNSiGHT offers the measurements as below for each ROI and the whole body:
- BMD(Bone Mineral Density) [g/cm2]
- AreaBMC(Bone Mineral Contents) [g] = BMD*Bone Area
- Bone Area [cm2] = AP area in image
- Tissue Area [cm2] =AP area in image
- Fat [%]= fat weight/total weight
- Fat [g] = fat mass
- Lean [g] = none fat soft tissue
- Total Weight [g] = fat + none fat soft tissue + BMC